BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ramanandyadav
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi SAS Community,

I am scheduling a project in enterprise guide which has 2 process flow but it choosing second process flow as start of execution and it is getting fail.so what is order of execution in windows scheduling? can i change it? 

thanks you !

3 REPLIES 3
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Inside EG you can use an ordered list to run thing in the order you want, but I am not sure it works when you schedule it.

Maybe better to use one flow...:0

//Fredrik

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Yes, you can change the order. By default, when you schedule a project, the whole project is run (in its default order).  For example, if you look at the EGScript1.vbs (the VBScript file created by EG that Windows Task Scheduler runs to execute your project), in it you'll see where the whole project is run:

'-----
    ' run the project
    '-----
    prjObject.run
    If Checkerror("Project.run") = True Then
        Exit Sub
    End If

Instead of using that code, you can replace it with code that gets the desired process flows from the project's ContainerCollection and run them in whatever order you desire. For example:

prjObject.ContainerCollection.Item("Process Flow 2").Run
 prjObject.ContainerCollection.Item("Process Flow 1").Run

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation