BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Phuels
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I currently use an abbreviation macro to insert my connection string when writing a new program. Recently, my company turned on validation, so I now need to enter a user id and password when creating the data connection.

I modified the abbreviation macro to include the necessary references:

proc sql outobs=;
connect to db2 (database='ACTDM5' user=&_CLIENTUSERID password=&User_Password);

The User_Password variable comes from a prompt I created using the Prompt Manager.

Is there a way to automatically associate the prompt when creating a new program? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks for your help.

-Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
What I do is have a egp template that has an autoexec program with the password prompt defined. That'll solve your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Can you explain what you mean by 'automatically associate'? Does that mean a new program would have access to it? Or something else?
Phuels
Fluorite | Level 6

I'd like to create a macro (or series of macros) that:

• Create a new program with the default connection string
  • Create the User_PASSWORD prompt
  • Associate the User_PASSWORD prompt with the new program without having to go into the program properties > prompts > add... to manually associate.
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
What I do is have a egp template that has an autoexec program with the password prompt defined. That'll solve your problem.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation