BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
VX_Xc
Calcite | Level 5

1) Multiple Windows; that is more than 2 windows for the workspace.

2) Consistent, Complete Hot keys; if hot keys were defined for all the processes then using EG point and click GUI would actually be faster than the pure coding in SAS.

For example try to internally generate data using only hot keys, alt  f  n  d  alt+m  <dataset name>  alt+l  TAB alt+n  alt+t  <variable name> (won't write... you have to press down arrow then go back up by pressing up arrow to write the name)

3) Ability to type the format or informat instead of having to scroll through them all. For character values we can't even use the first word to find the format as it all starts with $.

4) Where is the command line? eg) I could type 'options' in command line in SAS 9 to view the global options.

5) very hard to finish with alt+f4; ctr+alt+del is very often used...

8 REPLIES 8
art297
Opal | Level 21

I'd also add:

6. Ability to copy and paste "anything" across the multiple windows.

7. Ability to build/run SAS/AF code

8. Ability to use DDE

nrose
Quartz | Level 8

How about

9. Ability to easily remove formats from the viewer so that you can see the underlying values

10. Ability to drill down into the formats in the properties window i.e. see what the possible fomat values are.

11. Define a 'favourites' format list.

Ksharp
Super User

12 Ability to see How big of libraries and How big of a table.

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

13 (possible modification to 9) When you "hover" over a formatted value, show the underlying value

14 When you can "get values" of data, for example in query builder filters, have an option to use the format list instead of "select unique" against the data. Would be much faster!

Technolero
Pyrite | Level 9

15.  Ability to use shared prompts in our EG projects.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

For item (4), if you want an OPTIONS-style window, try this custom task:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2011/12/16/a-sas-options-viewer-for-sas-enterprise-guide/

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
nrose
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Chris,

Fantastic tools.

Would you be willing to share your hard work and make the project files available? I would love to edit the code to create similar tools for searching and displaying our user defined formats.

Regards,

Nick

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi Nick,

Yes, I do have a plan to publish the source code for these tasks.  I need to do a bit of clean-up on the files and add some documentation.  When I've completed that, you'll be among the first to know.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 7 in conversation