BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Eusuee
Fluorite | Level 6

I just started my new job and they only use SAS EG on a UNIX server there. The first challenge I met is failure in using proc export/import to/from PC server. The weird thing is the same codes successfully worked on one of my coworkers' computer, and I can export/import without problem if I use wizard.

The error I got for EXPORT is:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [Microsoft][ODBC Excel Driver] The Microsoft Access database engine cannot open or

write to the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view and write

its data.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Error:  Unable to open file filedirectory\filenname.xlsx. 

The error I got for IMPORT is:

It does not exist or it is already opened exclusively by another user or you need permission to view its data. 

Anyone who have ran into similar situation or have a clue about this? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

To understand this, you need to understand what runs where.

PROC IMPORT runs in the SAS server session, typically named SASApp. That is probably a remote host session.

Import/export tasks are executed on the EG client.

You need to fins out what's the difference how your colleague EG/server/authisraztion/etc setup differs from yours.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

One possible explanation is your Unix user account does not have the same permissions as your co-worker. Check with your Unix admin.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation