BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

I create a stored process from a program with following code:

data _null_;

set sashelp.cars;

run;

and set the server type to 'Workspace Server only' in execution option.

When I run the stored process, 'server type' in task status pane always shows 'Stored Process' but not 'Workspace' which I expect.

So what does this 'server type' exactly means?

Shen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Shen,

Yes, I'll bet that's correct.  Even if the Stored Process is running on a the Workspace Server instance, it wouldn't surprise me if the status shows "Stored Process" since that's the method being used...

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

This Server Type field provides you (the end user) with an idea of what type of SAS session is running your job.  The Workspace server is most common for typical connections, but as you noted the Stored Process server can be used for SAS stored processes.  Also, customers with a SAS Grid Computing environment might see "Grid" when their SAS jobs are running on a distributed grid node.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
ShenQicheng
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, Chris

That means, the Server Type field will always show stored process even if the excution option of the stored process was set to Workspace Server Only? (In an environment other than Grid Computing)

Shen

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Shen,

Yes, I'll bet that's correct.  Even if the Stored Process is running on a the Workspace Server instance, it wouldn't surprise me if the status shows "Stored Process" since that's the method being used...

Chris

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation