BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Danitin
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, i need to get data from a web service in the company that i work to, but i dont have a clue if is that possible with SAS Enterprise Guide 7.1 and where i can find material to study it. Can someon that has this knowledge help me with my fist steps working on it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Yes, you can probably accomplish using PROC HTTP.  I have several examples with web services on my blog.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Yes, you can probably accomplish using PROC HTTP.  I have several examples with web services on my blog.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi!

You can't do it just with EG, you need intergration technology as well.

But it is pretty easy, this link might guide you:

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/964.html

//Fredrik

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

The link from @FredrikE applies if you want to use SAS to provide data in a web service.  If you want to fetch data from an existing web service (REST APIs, for example), then PROC HTTP is the tool.  It's part of Base SAS and works from EG, SAS Studio, batch, etc.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation