BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
runningjay
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm a SAS EG user and have limited experience with direct SAS programming. I'm currently using SAS EG version 8.2 Update 1 (8.2.1.1223). I would like to accomplish this project in SAS EG if possible.

One of the output options I've selected for a Summary Table I've created is Excel. I would like to have each tab in the Excel output named based on the field I've added to the Pages task role so that the variable appears as the tab name in excel. When I run the summary table and open the excel file the tabs are named Tabulate 1 - Table 1, Tabulate 2 - Table 1, etc, but instead I want to name the tab based on the variable in Pages.

Is there a way to do this within the Summary Tables wizard or by adjusting the code generated by the wizard so that the Excel output has a tab for the variable in the Pages Task Role?

Any guidance you can offer is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

In this case, I think it is easiest if you make the PAGE variable the same as a BY variable and then you can use ODS EXCEL suboptions to cause the sheets to be named automatically, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1592606544921.png

I've highlighted the statements I added. Note that you may not need the first PROC SORT step, but I put it there so I could make a smaller subset as proof of concept without using ALL of SASHELP.CARS. But you can't use a BY statement in PROC TABULATE unless the data are sorted. Also, I believe it might be easier to export the code from the TABULATE task and then modify it. There aren't a lot of statements/options to add, but I would edit the code instead of doing it in a task.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jennifert
SAS Employee

Hi @runningjay ,

I think you can do this by modifying the code that SAS automatically generates for you and using the ODS EXCEL statement.  Here is an earlier post about this same question:

ODS Excelxp PROC TABULATE multiple sheets 

And note that in order to see the ODS EXCEL statement in the automatically generated code, you might need to enable the Display all generated SAS code in task output option under Tools > Options > Tasks > General.

I hope this helps!

thanks,

Jennifer

Catch the SAS Global Forum keynotes, announcements, and tech content!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

runningjay
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the assistance. I enabled the option to display all SAS code, but I'm not sure where I make the adjustment to have each excel output tab named after the value in the Pages task role. Here is a simplified example using data from the CARS table. I'm trying to make each tab name equal the value in the MAKE field. Where would I adjust this code?

ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

ODS PROCTITLE;

OPTIONS DEV=PNG;

GOPTIONS XPIXELS=0 YPIXELS=0;

%macro HTML5AccessibleGraphSupported;

%if %_SAS_VERCOMP_FV(9,4,4, 0,0,0) >= 0 %then ACCESSIBLE_GRAPH;

%mend;

FILENAME EGSR TEMP;

ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) FILE=EGSR

STYLE=HTMLBlue

NOGTITLE

NOGFOOTNOTE

GPATH=&sasworklocation

ENCODING=UTF8

options(rolap="on")

;

FILENAME EGXLSSX TEMP;

ODS EXCEL(ID=EGXLSSX) FILE=EGXLSSX STYLE=HTMLBlue

OPTIONS (

EMBEDDED_TITLES="yes" EMBEDDED_FOOTNOTES="yes"

);

TITLE;

FOOTNOTE;

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------

Code generated by SAS Task

Generated on: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 8:39:19 AM

By task: Summary Tables

Input Data: SASApp:SASHELP.CARS

Server:  SASApp

------------------------------------------------------------------- */

Run the tabulate procedure

PROC TABULATE

DATA=SASHELP.CARS

;

VAR MSRP Invoice;

CLASS DriveTrain /    ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

CLASS Origin /  ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

CLASS Type /    ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

CLASS Model /   ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

CLASS Make /    ORDER=UNFORMATTED MISSING;

TABLE /* Page Dimension */

Make,

/* Row Dimension */

Model*

Type*

Origin,

/* Column Dimension */

Mean*

Invoice       ;

;

RUN;

End of task code

RUN; QUIT;

TITLE; FOOTNOTE;

%LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=;

%LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME=;

%LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=;

%LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATHHOST=;

%LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=;

;*';*";*/;quit;run;

ODS _ALL_ CLOSE;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

In this case, I think it is easiest if you make the PAGE variable the same as a BY variable and then you can use ODS EXCEL suboptions to cause the sheets to be named automatically, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1592606544921.png

I've highlighted the statements I added. Note that you may not need the first PROC SORT step, but I put it there so I could make a smaller subset as proof of concept without using ALL of SASHELP.CARS. But you can't use a BY statement in PROC TABULATE unless the data are sorted. Also, I believe it might be easier to export the code from the TABULATE task and then modify it. There aren't a lot of statements/options to add, but I would edit the code instead of doing it in a task.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation