BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Everybody,

I have my SAS connected to MS SQL Server using following Libname

LIBNAME libone OLEDB USER=test password=test datasource='www.medicine.com' PROVIDER='sqloledb2.1';

I can successfully connect to database  with following log message

NOTE: Libref libone was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        OLEDB

Physical Name: sqloledb2.1

But I can not query from the MS SQL Server views in my SAS EG. If I open my MS SQL Server Management Studio then I can see all the views.  I am wondering what I am missing here.

If I submit below code:

data test;

set libone.test_view;

run;

I get following as my log with error

14         GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE;

15         data test;

16           set libone.test_view

;

ERROR: File libone.test_view.DATA does not exist.

17         run;

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

WARNING: The data set WORK.TEST may be incomplete.  When this step was stopped there were 0 observations and 0 variables.

WARNING: Data set WORK.TEST was not replaced because this step was stopped.

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):

real time           0.03 seconds

cpu time            0.00 seconds

Thank you,Vi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

I found it.

libname test oledb init_string='Provider=><SQLOLEDB.1 or SQLOLEDB.10>;Password=<yourpassword>;Persist Security Info=True;

User ID=<yourusername>;Initial Catalog=<yourdatabasename>;Data Source=your_server_name' schema=<name of your schema usually dbo>;

this gave me write answer. Hope somebody will be able to use this code.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I've seen three things cause this:

1. Pointing at a schema different from the one you want;

2. Permissions don't allow you to see the table.

3. I think that these objects are case-sensitive. Make sure you use upper/lower case correctly.

Hope it helps,

Tom

SASKiwi
PROC Star

With SQL Server you usually need to specify DATABASE and SCHEMA as LIBNAME options if they are not defined in your DATASOURCE. 

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

I am able to insert dbo as my schema ( I have default as pointed out. Since I have OLEDB I used DATABASE(I think I can not use DSN)  but still I am not able to connect. Below is my code.

LIBNAME XXX OLEDB USER=usrone password=usrone database="dbname" datasource='server_name' PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB23.1'  SCHEMA=dbo ; gives error in the log but following code do not gives error after removing database options but still I can not see my tables and views.

LIBNAME XXX OLEDB USER=usrone password=usrone  datasource='server_name' PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB23.1'  SCHEMA=dbo ;

Ksharp
Super User

Can you make a ODBC connection and plus SCHEMA=dbo ?

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

We do not have SAS ODBC license therefore we have to go through OLEDB route

learner_sas
Quartz | Level 8

I found it.

libname test oledb init_string='Provider=><SQLOLEDB.1 or SQLOLEDB.10>;Password=<yourpassword>;Persist Security Info=True;

User ID=<yourusername>;Initial Catalog=<yourdatabasename>;Data Source=your_server_name' schema=<name of your schema usually dbo>;

this gave me write answer. Hope somebody will be able to use this code.

Ksharp
Super User

As SASKiwi pointed out . Sometimes you need a schema .

LIBNAME libone OLEDB USER=test password=test datasrc=xxx    schema=dbo ;

Talk to your Admin and find what is schema , default is dbo .

Xia Keshan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation