BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasuser_8
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, 

I would like to know how to add a hyperlink on a spanned header in a proc report with ods excel. I tried the 2nd solution offered by this answer but it didn't work in my case. 

Re: URL in spanned headers of proc report - SAS Support Communities

Here is a sample code. I would like, by clicking on the 'EMPLACEMENT' header in the excel file, to open the TEST.xlsx file.

%LET FICHIER = file:///\\repertoire\information\TEST.XLSX;

DATA SHOES;
SET SASHELP.SHOES;
RUN;

ODS EXCEL FILE="\\repertoire\information\Rapport.xlsx";

PROC REPORT DATA= SHOES;
COLUMN ('EMPLACEMENT' Region Product)
('AUTRES' Subsidiary Stores Sales Inventory Returns);
RUN;

ODS EXCEL CLOSE;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I found that only a slight modification of the posted program was needed in order to provide a different file for the AUTRES header, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1674247226338.png

And, when I open the Rapport.xlsx file, you can see that I can examine the hyperlink for the AUTRES header and the file that opens when I click will be the c:\temp\autres.xlsx file:

Cynthia_sas_1-1674247280406.png

So using 9.4M7, the format example worked for me for ODS Excel to specify 2 different files as the URL= value.

Cynthia

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Ksharp
Super User

Then you could try first one .or @Cynthia_sas  know the solution?

DATA SHOES;
SET SASHELP.SHOES;
RUN;

proc format;
value $ fmt
'EMPLACEMENT'='C:\TEMP\TEST.XLSX'
;
value $ color
'EMPLACEMENT'='blue'
;
value $ style
'EMPLACEMENT'='underline'
;
run;

ODS EXCEL FILE="c:\temp\Rapport.xlsx";

PROC REPORT DATA= SHOES nowd
style(header)={url=$fmt. color=$color. textdecoration=$style. };
COLUMN ("EMPLACEMENT" Region Product)
('AUTRES' Subsidiary Stores Sales Inventory Returns);
RUN;

ODS EXCEL CLOSE;

sasuser_8
Obsidian | Level 7

I would like to link to a different file for EMPLACEMENT and AUTRES, that's why I did not choose the 1st solution... 

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I found that only a slight modification of the posted program was needed in order to provide a different file for the AUTRES header, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1674247226338.png

And, when I open the Rapport.xlsx file, you can see that I can examine the hyperlink for the AUTRES header and the file that opens when I click will be the c:\temp\autres.xlsx file:

Cynthia_sas_1-1674247280406.png

So using 9.4M7, the format example worked for me for ODS Excel to specify 2 different files as the URL= value.

Cynthia

sasuser_8
Obsidian | Level 7

It works perfectly!

Thank you 🙂

sasuser_8
Obsidian | Level 7

In your example, if I replace the file autres.xlsx by autres.pdf, can I specify the page number ? I already tried autres.pdf#page=3. I saw that it works in a ods html but I don't know if it can work in ods excel...

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: I think that would be a question for Tech Support. I have never tried to supply a link to a specific page in a PDF document from an Excel file. In my example, the link worked because all of the files being referenced were located on the same physical file system. What if the Excel file is down on a local machine but the PDF file is on a different server. I'm not confident that the HTML technique would work. So it's worth checking with Tech Support.
Cynthia
sasuser_8
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

By technical support, do you mean the contract my organization has witht sas company ?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: It depends. Some companies want their SAS Admin to open tracks with SAS Tech Support. Other companies allow their employees to contact Tech Support directly. To open a track with Tech Support, fill out the form at this link: http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm and be sure to provide them with your site license number, a sample of your data and the code that they can test.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation