BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sourav_sas
Quartz | Level 8

I have one table already in the library.  I need to update the table with some new rows or observation. May be the rows will be sometimes thousands of, or sometime only 10 rows. I can not delete the table from the library. I need easiest process to do this. There in the table there is a possibility also we can use special sign. also the length of some columns more than 100.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

Sourav

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Not sure what is the challenge is here. It seem like a normal data processing to me.

What have you tried, your thoughts so far?

Data never sleeps
Sourav_sas
Quartz | Level 8

Please tell me then how do I update the table, if I have 1000 new data to update in the table?

Astounding
PROC Star

You have left out some important information:

• Are you always adding new rows, and never changing the existing rows?
  • Is the data set currently in sorted order?  Is it important to keep it in sorted order?
  • Does your data set with the updates in it contain exactly the same variables, defined in exactly the same way as the original data?

Here's a simple program that might be appropriate, depending on how you answer those questions:

proc append data=new_rows base=have;

run;

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Forgive me, but it sounds like you have no idea of what you are doing.

Start by taking the SAS Programming 1 training, which will give you a foundation to stand on when it comes to manipulating data.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation