BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
herbman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I ran a stored process and it gave error:

WARNING: GPATH or PATH is not a writable directory. It will be ignored.
ERROR: Cannot write image to /mnt/san_install/sas/sasconfig/Lev1/DXGEN_BI/SGPlot.png. Please ensure that proper disk permissions are set.

It was working fine for me and appreciate to know how to fix this issue.

Thanks!

Herb

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Did you set the gpath or path in the program? I'm assuming you've switched from running a program locally to on a server when you said it 'working fine for me'? If so, the paths likely have changed and you need to explicitly set the GPATH on your ODS statement.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Your graph output is trying to write to a SAS install directory which is not a good thing to do. Also stored processes run under a SAS service account, possibly sassrv, and this might explain why SAS is writing there. You can confirm the actual user account by checking in SAS Management Console.

Please post your graph program so we can advise where to change it to direct output to a better folder location.

herbman
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SASKiwi and Reeza,

Yes, The stored process did not specify the specified the ods in the whole program code, and it did not include %STPBEGIN/%STPEND either for the output display. 

I am not able to attached the stored process file, the output part include the sgplot:

proc sgplot data=inpara noautolegend;

reg y=VA x=Obtained / weight=weight;
xaxis label="Obtained (&unit)";
yaxis label="VA (&unit)";
inset "Intercept = &Int" "Slope = &Slope" /
border title="Parameter Estimates" position=topleft
;

run;

Is it possible that the prompts or the execution options change caused the issue? the snipped of the settings is attached.

Thank you for your help!

Herb

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation