BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dincoo
SAS Employee

Hi all,

I have a huge code that runs every night in EG.

I want to add another code after the original code but it has to run at SASAppVA server. Actually, I want to update the table which is used by reporting at VA.

Is there a way of doing this like writing a statement like libname?

Many thanks, 

Onur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

If your SASAppVA workspace server is defined in the same metadata server as your SASApp workspace server (you see both in EG's Servers view), then it would be trivial...  add another program node and have the second program run on SASAppVA (select it from the "Selected Server" dropdown on the contextual toolbar of your second program).  The first program could run on SASApp and the second on SASAppVA.  Draw an explicit link between the two programs to ensure they run in the order you wish.  (You can create a link by right-clicking a node and selecting "Link Program to..." or by clicking the right side of a node and dragging to another node.)

If your SASApp and SASAppVA workspace servers are in different metadata contexts, then it requires other approaches (ex. SAS/CONNECT, writing data to permanent location accessible by both environments, etc.).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

First, executing jobs in EG in batch for other and personal use cannot be considered as bets practice.

If you wish to update VA/LASR data, I get the impression that isn't only personal...?

Second, developing jobs that are of ETL style, EG, again, is not the preferred tool, DI Studio is.

I would look for a solution where you execute those batch jobs on the SAS server(s). Do you share the metadata server between the two appservers?

Perhaps you need a 3rd party scheduler to manage dependencies between jobs on different serves. 

Data never sleeps
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

If your SASAppVA workspace server is defined in the same metadata server as your SASApp workspace server (you see both in EG's Servers view), then it would be trivial...  add another program node and have the second program run on SASAppVA (select it from the "Selected Server" dropdown on the contextual toolbar of your second program).  The first program could run on SASApp and the second on SASAppVA.  Draw an explicit link between the two programs to ensure they run in the order you wish.  (You can create a link by right-clicking a node and selecting "Link Program to..." or by clicking the right side of a node and dragging to another node.)

If your SASApp and SASAppVA workspace servers are in different metadata contexts, then it requires other approaches (ex. SAS/CONNECT, writing data to permanent location accessible by both environments, etc.).

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation