BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
D_Z_
Obsidian | Level 7

I put this code in a datastep verbatim as you wrote it and there were no errors.  I only got data in one of the datasets though... which was the professional and courteous... the other two didn't give me any of the data... I don't completely understand the code yet but am starting to really dig into it to understand what you have done here.

I am not seeing any reason that two of the tables didn't show data though... it is prob something small but without knowledge of code like this... its hard for me to look through the code on this one.

DZ

LarryWorley
Fluorite | Level 6

Glad you are making some progress.

You might try looking at the data in the original dataset.  The import wizard is somewhat of a black box.  It creates a text file behind the screen and then reads that text file. You see the code for reading the text file, but not for creating it,

It might be doing something you don't expect, so you may be checking the F! variable for a particular string which does not translated as expected by the black box.

lw:-)

D_Z_
Obsidian | Level 7

Larry... thank you so much for your help!  I got the code to work... and as I was digging through it... I am very impressed with how you did this... although out of my league... i see everything you did and it made pretty darn good sense.  Appreciate you again... thanks so much.

Turns out that part of two of the questions were cut off when transferring to SAS, so when i matched the statements with the point they were cut off at... it worked perfectly.

DZ

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Coming along!

I had the same problem. Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate your import process, so I had to hack something together based on the code you posted. In the original, the "F1" or "Operator" field was only 140 characters long, which isn't long enough for the full title. If you can in your import, try making it 256, which worked for me. Otherwise, let me know and I'll revise the code to work with shorter strings.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation