BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bohonghong
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, I am using SAS EG 4.3 (4.3.0.10196)

Whenever I want to stop the process, the Stopping really take long (more than 1 hour).

Could I really stop the process of the SAS query instantly?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
bohonghong
Fluorite | Level 6

Is there possibility to do stop with timer or configuration of memory usage?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What is your process doing? I find the stop button pretty quick unless it is doing an external database query. In this case it may take a long time for control to return to SAS.

bohonghong
Fluorite | Level 6

Yes it is Oracle database

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In that case I don't think there are any options in EG to make this faster.

If you have access to SAS Management Console you can kill your EG server session and start over, but you would probably need to be set up with the Administrator metadata role to do that. 

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Keep in mind, even if you do kill the SAS process, most likely the process that retrieves from the database will keep going, and put a load on your database. There's really no good soluion to this problem, except to test your processes with smaller volumes of data until you know they work.

Tom

umar_milanzi
Calcite | Level 5

i normaly disconnect from the server all together.

the down side to this is that if you are extracting from the database you will have the process cotinuing in the background.

I then use the below code to kill those processes

data _null_;

x 'kill -9 process_id';

run;

to get your process_id there are few unix commands to use to determine what processes are linked to your user profile. unfortunately i am not that good with unix. to make things easy for me, i always ask my administrator if there are any processes running under my name.

i normally get a list in the morning of processes that i have executed for more than 12 hours

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation