BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
amity21
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

So I am looking for a way to put a maximum size limit on my SAS EG so that if code ever loops, the project/query stops with an error (mentioning excess size hopefully). 

I saw another article where someone has this as an error when their size went over 5MB and they turned off project logs, but I don't see an option to actually set it up with size.

I use SAS EG7.1 on a corporate network which I believe is connected to a remote server.

They send an automatic email if the maximum work library size has exceeded and I have asked them as well if this is a possible solution available on the remote server side. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

The size of 5 MB mentioned is about SAS logs. There are ways and means to overcome this.
What size you want to limit?

Need clarity on this.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your code loops then it is good practice to set upper limits so it cannot go beyond these. Code does not loop unless you have logic to cause it. It would be helpful if you posted an example of the type of looping you have.

amity21
Fluorite | Level 6

Applying ab observation limit will work, but most looping happens when I overlook something. For example, doing a join of two tables creating a huge amount of outcomes.
If there is a generic size I can put on my work library as when it goes over 50GB, crash all programs.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Setting individual space limits on WORK libraries is possible using OS commands like ulimit if your are running on Unix. What OS do your SAS servers run on?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation