BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
f_rederik
Obsidian | Level 7

I would like to share some of the code that I have written between multiple users.

Essentially, we have some complex data structures that I will be "flattening", allowing for a larger audience of users to access the data.

I have thought about using Stored Processes, however they do not seem to be wanting to return data sets within Enterprise Guide.

Another option would be a set of SAS programs / code files stored somewhere - either on our file servers or ideally within SAS Folders in the metadata.

Are there other alternatives I should consider, keeping in mind that we are limited to SAS Enterprise Guide as the tool?

(It seems Task Templates do not quite work as they require registering as DLLs at the installation path - being within a Citrix environment that is less than ideal from a practical point of view)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If your SQL code involves single queries creating single tables then you could consider creating SQL views to share between users.

If your SQL is more complex then putting these in AUTOCALL SAS macros could be a good way to share as an AUTOCALL library can easily be set up centrally. 

f_rederik
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your reply! Apologies for not replying sooner - I need to set up the alert features on the forum!

We haven't found a good way to implement this and keep materialising datasets instead (creating unwanted vulnerabilities and lack of traceability).

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When you prepare data for users, as an alternative consider to create ready-for-use datasets instead of views or program pieces that create the datasets on the fly.

You may prevent unnecessary runtime loads on the server(s) by trading some disk space.

f_rederik
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for your reply! Apologies for not replying sooner - I need to set up the alert features on the forum!

We have ended up creating a limited selection of datasets...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation