BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rpolacek7
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Tried doing some google searching, but wasn't able to stumble upon the right answer. I am currently using SAS Enterprise Guide 8.2 with profile connecting to IP to a vendor.

We get very large hierarchical XML files that needs to be put into SAS datasets. A particular dataset might contain over 1800 variables. Depending on the numbers of observations, the parsing job can "timeout" in a sense.

I know the job is working, it's just a lot of data. Is there some kind of option or code to prevent this?

The notification I saw on a ribbon was 

'a request to server "sasapp" has taken longer to respond than the 60 minutes threshold'.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In SAS Management Console, if you open SASApp  - Workspace Server Properties, then Advanced Properties and the tab Client Reconnection, you will see this:

screenshot31.JPG

You could try increasing the 60 minute default to see if that fixes your issue.

rpolacek7
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the suggestion. I have to reach out to admin for that on the vendor side. I will post if this fixes the problem. Appreciate it.

sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Is this resolved yet.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried it yourself?

sathya66
Barite | Level 11
No, but I think issue is different
when I checked user logs, he is getting below error .

2020-10-05T16:52:10,204 ERROR [00000005] :test_user - Some code points did not transcode.
2020-10-05T16:52:10,204 ERROR [00000005] :test_user - Some code points did not transcode.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Programming/ERROR-in-SAS-EG-Some-code-points-did-not-transcode/td...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation