BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RVA
Fluorite | Level 6 RVA
Fluorite | Level 6

I am currently on SAS EG 7.1 (SAS Base 9.4).  In my SAS EG configuration, I have two output windows: SAS Report and HTML.  I wanted to use the SPANROWS option in proc report, but the table did not display properly in SAS Report window.  It, however, did display well in the HTML window.  Below are the codes that I used.  You can copy and run it on your SAS EG.  (These codes were copied from http://blogs.sas.com/content/sastraining/2011/02/28/whats-so-great-about-spanrows/)  Can anyone tell me what was wrong with the SAS Report window?  Thank you.

proc sort data=sashelp.shoes out=shoes;

where (product contains 'Casual') and (region = 'Canada' or region='Pacific');

by region product;

run;

proc report data=shoes nowd;

title 'REPORT Default Behavior';

column region subsidiary product,(sales sales=savg);

define region / group style(column)=Header;

define subsidiary / group style(column)=Header;

define product / across 'Product Sales';

define sales / sum 'Sum' f=dollar10.;

define savg / mean 'Mean' f=dollar10.;

rbreak after / summarize style=Header;

run;

proc report data=shoes nowd SPANROWS;

title 'REPORT Output with SPANROWS';

column region subsidiary product,(sales sales=savg);

define region / group style(column)=Header;

define subsidiary / group style(column)=Header;

define product / across 'Product Sales';

define sales / sum 'Sum' f=dollar10.;

define savg / mean 'Mean' f=dollar10.;

rbreak after / summarize style=Header;

run;

2 REPLIES 2
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

Thats just because the basic report window is a simple text displayer.  It doesn't have the functionality to render more advanced text manipulations.  Personally the first thing I do when I start SAS is turn that off and send all output to a file, RTF or PDF, so I can see the rendering as well.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

It looks like SASReport XML format in EG does not support the SPANROWS option. It works in HTML, RTF, PDF (Printer family) destinations. SASReport XML has to be usable in many other client applications, not just Enterprise Guide (client apps like Web Report Studio and/or the Information Delivery Portal). So it doesn't surprise me that SASReport XML doesn't use SPANROWS. As RW9 suggested, you can switch to another destination if you really need/want to use SPANROWS.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation