BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yue001
Calcite | Level 5

Currently, I am using SAS E guide locally and trying to set up the connection between SAS and a database. The one I wanted to use is called XXX, i can find it through ODBC data source administrator->system DSN->System Data Sources: Name XXX, Driver SQL server. Could you please let me know if I have what I need to set up the connection? So that I can access tables on this XXX database in SAS. If so, how do I do it? Sorry if this question seems dumb to you. I really cannot find anyone to help me with this issue. 

2 REPLIES 2
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello,

Welcome to SAS Community!

You require SAS/Access interface to ODBC. Run the below code to check if you have it or not.

proc setinit;
run;

If you don't have it, then you can't connect using ODBC.

If it is listed then you can assign a LIBANME to access the data in it. (DSN is the data source name that you assign in ODBC connection setup)

libname mydb odbc dsn=XXXX user= password= schema=;
Thanks,
Suryakiran
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Theoretically, you can connect directly from your EG client, and trhen SAS/ACCESS is not needed.

But, should inly be considered for test/small data sets, since this connection cannot be optimized the same way as athe fully fledget ACCESS engine from the SAS session..

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation