BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
We currently have two seperate SAS environemts, one running SAS 9.1 and the other 9.2. I am attempting to transfer an OLAP cube from one to the other but there is a user defined format which does not exist in the 9.2 environment and is therefore causing an error.

Can anyone tell me how I can view all user defined formats in SAS 9.1 and export/import to the 9.2 environment.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Patrick
Opal | Level 21
You could query SASHELP.VFORMAT.

By looking at the data it seems to me formats with "source='C'" are user defined (not sure about it).

proc format;
value $test
'1'='1';
invalue _test
'1'=1;
run;

proc sql;
describe view sashelp.vformat;
select source, fmttype,count(*) as N_obs from sashelp.vformat group by source,fmttype;
select * from sashelp.vformat where source='C';
quit;

HTH
Patrick

P.S: About copying
If this is from SAS9.1 under Windows to SAS9.2 under Windows then just copying the whole catalogue should be fine.
If a same named catalogue already exists in the target environment then investigate PROC CATALOG (in source: copy formats to "transport" catalogue, move "transport" catalogue to target (i.e. ftp), move or copy formats from "transport" catalogue to target catalogue). Message was edited by: Patrick
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks. Running this code provides me with a list of user defined formats in each environment. Can anyone tell me how I go about transferrring them (I can no longer find the PROC FORMAT code used to create them.
Cullima
Calcite | Level 5
Sorry, didn't see the part of your message re copying...will try this....thanks again
gso
Calcite | Level 5 gso
Calcite | Level 5
Look at this Documentation :

http://support.sas.com/kb/22/194.html

Gaétan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation