BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tessa_h
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All:

First of all- THANK YOU for speaking up! All of this info is helpful in pointing me in the right direction. It also helps to know that what I am trying to accomplish is a big job. I can't tell you how much it helps to be validated around my concerns.

I can see that there are many ways to skin this cat (sorry for the grotesque pun...but it's a grotesque job!)...and figuring out the appropriate method is going to be a task in it of itself.

I've reached out to some collegues for assistance- turns out that we have a process in place for validating emails; I will be meeting with the gentleman who has established this process. I hope to share the information you all have provided me to see how his methodology compares. I'd like to use coding from you-all and him...and build it right into my workflow. I will let you know what his response and method is.

Thanks again- and my apologies if I have previously offended anyone; like I had mentioned before, sometimes finding help on forums can be challenging due to communication barriers and egos. 😛

-Tessa

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Thought it is worth mentioning that SAS's Dataflux product contains functionality for cleaning email addresses along with cleaning all sorts of other data besides. This interesting paper explains more:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings15/SAS1852-2015.pdf

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 8 in conversation