BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
tejjoshi
Calcite | Level 5

I am getting the following error while trying to connect to the local SAS Server through EG:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'SAS.IWorkspace'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{440196D0-90F0-11D0-9F41-00A024BB830C}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:

----------------------------------------

Exception type:  SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException

Message:         Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'SAS.IWorkspace'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{440196D0-90F0-11D0-9F41-00A024BB830C}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Source:          SAS.EG.SDS.Model

Target Site:     SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:

at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace()

at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

Earlier it was running fine suddenly I got the above error.

I have tried trouble shooting as metioned in below links:

45258 - Errors occur in SAS® Enterprise Guide® 4.3 after you uninstall SAS® 9.2

12502 - The error message "Note: Unable to open SASUSER.REGSTRY. WORK.REGSTRY will be opened instead...

which includes renaming the user profiles( profile2 ,profile and registry entry  to old) but still no luck.

Can anyone help me with this issue ? has anyone faced the issue before.

error2.jpgError1.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Slash
Quartz | Level 8

Because your OS is Windows 8, the SAS 9.3 is not support it. When you install SAS 9.3, you choose the Windows 7 Compatibility mode. I tried, it can fix the problem.

tejjoshi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

SAS EG 5.1 was working fine earlier with windows 8 this issue came up suddenly today, so not sure whether its really related to windows 8 compatibility issue.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Did you check SAS/BASE (dms) is still working?

SAS local is some variation to access that.
When SAS-base has become corrputed you can expect errors of any kind. 

A registry entry is defining the connection as the equivalent of WS-server. That is an other option to get validated (is is changed?)

The com message could be an indication of a possible other issue, Windows com functionality (is it changed?).

---->-- ja karman --<-----
IGoddard
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

Did you get a resolution to this?  We are experiencing something similar.

Thanks

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Can't connect to local server will also happen if your setup should connect to a remote server (no local SAS installed) and the remote metadate server definition is missing.

I am also facing the same issue in my Office I recently installed the SAS 9.3 on windows 7 on a roaming profile with admin access but still I am facing this issue.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Please give as much as possible information what you have checked and verified.

Just admin access is no solution in contrary. Having that you must be capable of doing all admin work or getting a fresh installation and start over again. When that is not your task you will lose a lot of time.

---->-- ja karman --<-----
igforek
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I had a similar problem. I am a newbie at SAS and EG. I installed SAS 9.4 and EG 6.1 (both 64-bit) with the default options in my PC (OS win7 ultimate). When I got the problem I checked the default options in my installation DVDs and I noticed that several  options were not checked by default. Among those options not checked to be installed were the "SAS® Integration Technologies". I checked it to to be installed (as well as any other unchecked option with the word "server" in it). This was a short install. This solved my problem. EG can now connect to "local" server.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 7 in conversation