BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
neverwinter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I used  SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm in my sas eg 4.3 project. But there is no SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm library in 5.1 ? Which library can I use than SAS.EG.SEGuide.MainForm ?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS does not support the direct use of these libraries in your own applications.  The only EG libraries/APIs that SAS supports are:

The automation API (scripting)

The custom task APIs (SAS.Shared.Addins and SAS.Tasks.Toolkit)

All of the other libraries are internal to the product, and are subject to change from release to release.

That said, you'll find the class in SAS.EG.Application.dll.  However, you should evaluate your use of these internal libraries, as it can be risky to rely on them for your own production applications.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
neverwinter
Calcite | Level 5

I am using these libraries in Sas add-in. I created an add-in for sas eg 4.3 in vs 2008. Now I upgrade my sas eg version to 5.1 . So I need to use VS 2012 and .net framework 4.0. That's ok. But in eg 5.1, some dl's doesn't exist which using in my project. Like sas.eg.seguide.dll . So I can't build my Project vs 2012 with using 5.1 dll's. I used sas.eg.seguide.dll in eg4.3. But now, for building my Project with 5.3 dll's I need sas.eg.seguide.dll, or it needs replace sth. In eg 5.1, there are two kind of seguide dll. These are sas.eg.seguide.forms.dll, sas.eg.seguide.tools.dll. Bu I need sas.eg.seguide.mainform variable. But these two library doesn't support that variable . How can I fix it ?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi,

It appears that you are making use of undocumented libraries.  In EG 5.1 many of these libraries were "refactored" to accommodate necessary changes for allowing a 64-bit version and other application features.  But these libraries are not documented for customer use, and SAS Technical Support cannot help you with these.

If you want to send me your project and a description of what you're trying to accomplish, I might be able to guide you towards a path that is supported and thus not as risky when there is a version change.  You can e-mail me at chris.hemedinger[at]sas.com.

Chris

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation