BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tsndrct1234
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Stored Process and after all the research and everything I think I'm now into the correct path of asking the right questions. So, my development now is to update the prompt of an existing Stored Process and make it reflect the correct list from a certain data source. Now, here are my questions, please correct me if my terms are wrong. Thank you so much!

• Am I right to call the encircled part of the picture below as the "Prompt List"? If not, what is it called and how do I make this dynamic that it updates itself right after I hit the RUN button so it can reflect whatever changes made to its data source?tsndrct1234_0-1661839808348.png

tsndrct1234_0-1661841208479.png

• The goal is to add new category to that list but it's gonna be from a different table. Further checking the code inside the Stored Process, I assumed that the block of code inside the SP is the source of it, but I realized lately that it's not because after I ran multiple times, the code below won't update that prompt list. Note that my change is from UNION onwards. Am I barking at the wrong tree? Or is there a specific configuration that populates that list? Here's the list INSIDE the SP:

proc sql;
create table work.fi_list as
select distinct case 
                          when bnk in (0, 5) then 'Universal and Commercial Bank'
                          when bnk in (1, 2, 3, 7) then 'Thrift Bank'
                          when bnk in (4, 8) then 'Rural and Cooperative Bank'
                          when bnk = 57 then 'Trust Corporation'
                          else 'Non-Bank Financial Institution'
          from LIB1.DTSRC1
union
select distinct case 
                          when bnk = 31 then 'Pawnshop'
                          when bnk = 60 then 'Money Service Businesses'
                          else 'Non-Bank Financial Institution'
             from LIB2.DTSRC2;
quit;

• Is there any other way to trace how a certain SAS table is populated aside from using the "search" option on SAS EG, SAS DI and SAS MC? Unfortunately, I don't have access to their server/unix box. Also I don't think this project have an repository of all their codes so I'm really running out of options of tracing the other possible creator of that data source.

• Do I really need to use the SASSRV user in order for me to fully test the Stored Processes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Have a look at this presentation Using Dynamic Lists in SAS Stored Processes for Genetic Toxicity 

Here are additional links to How to use the Prompt Framework

Note: while the two links above are related to SAS Enterprise Guide, the Interface almost identical for the SAS Stored Process.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

Have a look at this presentation Using Dynamic Lists in SAS Stored Processes for Genetic Toxicity 

Here are additional links to How to use the Prompt Framework

Note: while the two links above are related to SAS Enterprise Guide, the Interface almost identical for the SAS Stored Process.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation