BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fabdu92
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Sorry for the simple question, I am quite new on SAS EG.

I created a process with one prompt, and a lot of Query Builder tasks.

The path of the process is linear (one path), until a node followed by two paths: two distinct tasks. The two paths are finally joined for the process ending.

Following the choice of the prompt, I would like only one path run.

Of course I can modify all Query Builder by SAS EG programs and say:

if &prompt = A then execute a macro

But I would to do it only once at the beginning of the path, and that SAS EG understand it has to not run anytthing on the path. I am sure there is a way to do it.

Can you help me on this?

Thank you very much

2 REPLIES 2
RahulG
Barite | Level 11

Interesting question. I am keen to see the replies from EG Experts. 

One way it can be done is add one more clause in where condition of query builder 

and &prompt = A

But if there are many qurey builder in your EG project then adding it to many place would be tedious. 

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You need to make at least the first task in a branch dependent on the prompt value.

EG

I have four codes: start, left, right, end

start has a prompt defined that yields either 'right' or 'left' as a macro value.

start is connected with right and left

both right and left are connected with end

left and right each have a condition defined in their properties; the condition is based on the prompt used for start, and they values are either left or right (without quotes)

When I run the process flow, I'm prompted, and either left or right are executed, followed by end.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation