BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8

Hey Everyone

So I am still fairly new to EG. I created a couple of graphs in EG and copied them to Excel. Now they are 'objects' in Excel, but I cant move them or delete them. How do I do this? I tried googling, but can't find anything on the topic.

I'd appreciate the help..

GD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

I'm suspecting that you're getting HTML mixed in the file somehow. I would consider clicking your results and select export to Excel, rather than copy and paste to see what you get. 

I'd probably lean towards saying generate the charts from SAS the more 'modern' and automated way using ODS EXCEL. 

What version of SAS are you using?

You'll need to change the path to a path that makes sense for your installation.

ods excel file='/folders/myfolders/demo.xlsx';

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
scatter x=height y=weight / group=sex;
run;

ods excel close;

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Reeza
Super User

The charts are not Excel charts, they're objects so that's correct. You cannot edit them like you would an Excel chart, but you should be able to delete them simply by clicking on them and hitting the delete button.  And you can 'edit' them as objects usually by clicking format objects (after right click).

@GenDemo wrote:

Hey Everyone

So I am still fairly new to EG. I created a couple of graphs in EG and copied them to Excel. Now they are 'objects' in Excel, but I cant move them or delete them. How do I do this? I tried googling, but can't find anything on the topic.

I'd appreciate the help..

GD

GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8

That doesn't work though.

When I click on it, it doesn't look like it is selecting anything, and if I hit delete then nothing happens.

When I click on a spesific bar in the chart, it highlights it. Also when I right click on the chart I get the following pop-up....but still cant move or delete it.

image.png

Reeza
Super User

I'm suspecting that you're getting HTML mixed in the file somehow. I would consider clicking your results and select export to Excel, rather than copy and paste to see what you get. 

I'd probably lean towards saying generate the charts from SAS the more 'modern' and automated way using ODS EXCEL. 

What version of SAS are you using?

You'll need to change the path to a path that makes sense for your installation.

ods excel file='/folders/myfolders/demo.xlsx';

proc sgplot data=sashelp.class;
scatter x=height y=weight / group=sex;
run;

ods excel close;
GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8
I'm on EGv7.1 and Excel 2013.
i generated a graph with a bar-line task. Then on the ODS results tab, I clicked on the graph so that it was a dashed out-line. Copy and past directly into Excel.
But then this thing really misbehaves! I can't move it. And when I change my zoom level in Excel, these SAS graphs just does really wierd things.
Reeza
Super User

GenDemo wrote:
I'm on EGv7.1 and Excel 2013.

That's your EG version, not SAS version. Run the following to see your version, it'll look something like

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M5
Image version information: 9.04.01M5P090617

proc product_status;run;

I strongly suspect you're copying over the HTML instead of the graph object and that's causing the issue. EG gives you several options to get your results out and copy and paste not working as expected isn't surprising at all. 
GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M4
Image version information: 9.04.01M4P110916
For SAS/STAT ...
Custom version information: 14.2
For SAS/GRAPH ...
For SAS/CONNECT ...
For SAS Enterprise Miner ...
Custom version information: 14.2
For SAS Integration Technologies ...
For High Performance Suite ...
Custom version information: 2.2_M5
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRODUCT_STATUS used (Total process time):
real time 0.37 seconds
cpu time 0.11 seconds

Yeah i only have the SAS Results box checked

image.png

Reeza
Super User

Did checking Excel get you a better version? 

GenDemo
Quartz | Level 8
Then I get no graph! its so wierd. I get a totally empty Excel sheet.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation