BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Summary:  How can I remap the Enterprise Guide hotkeys?  Like we can in DMS?

Details:  We have to move between Enterprise Guide and SQL Server Management Studio all the time.  A colleague would like to map F5 to be the current F3 functionality, so we have the same key for the same action across the two clients.  

If this can't be done, I'll put in the enhancement request.  Let me know if that's already been done and rejected so I don't create a dup.

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I'm aware this can't be done. You can assign keys for editing programs but not function keys for tasks like submitting code.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

As far as I'm aware this can't be done. You can assign keys for editing programs but not function keys for tasks like submitting code.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I've heard from a number of users who successfully use AutoHotkey (a free tool, easy to install) to map key actions for SAS Enterprise Guide and many other apps.  For example, I had one person who wanted to unmap F8 in SAS Enterprise Guide -- which currently will submit the active program or even an entire flow.  Installing AutoHotkey and enabling this script does the job:

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
#Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#SingleInstance force
#InstallKeybdHook

F8::
    WinGet, Active_ID, ID, A
    WinGet, Active_Process, ProcessName, ahk_id %Active_ID%
    if ( Active_Process ="seguide.exe" ) {

;eat the keystroke

} 

Update: here's how to customize your keys in SAS EG using AutoHotkey

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
rogerjdeangelis
Barite | Level 11

ot sure this helps because you need 'full SAS'

This may not help, but if you have full SAS you can easily map function keys. You can actuall execute "all of sas" on 'full SAS' function keys(or mouse actions or command line)

Just type keys on the command line.

Suppose you have a

F3  '%macro list_last_data;'

F5  % '%freq_all_vars' 

Just switch then text

F3  % '%freq_all_vars' 

F5  '%macro list_last_data;'

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation