BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
spjcdc
Calcite | Level 5
I've got users who have data in Excel spreadsheets and I'm looking for ways to help them get a random sample of these data. I know that it can be done in Excel, but I thought using SAS EG might offer an easier-to-use solution.

However I can't figure out how to do it. The documentation isn't real helpful. It looks like there's an add-in for creating random samples, and I've used Add-In Manager to locate the DLL file and it now shows up on the list of Add-Ins, but I can't figure out where to go from there. There was also written somewhere about a EG Task and I've looked at the task list but only have "Append Table" listed. Makes me think I didn't install everything I should have. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

I'm also not clear what's the difference between an add-in and a task is.
1 REPLY 1
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager
It sounds like something is incomplete with your configuration. You should have nearly 80 tasks available -- not just Append Table.

You might check this SAS Note to see if you have this issue:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/unotes/SN/010/010303.html

Once resolved, you'll see that you have a Random Sample task in the list.

Chris
Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation