BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Walternate
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to import an Excel spreadsheet into SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 using the following code:

proc import out=cohort

datafile="\\C:\Datafile.xlsx"

dbms=excel replace;

run;

When I run this, I get an error message saying that dbms type Excel is not valid for import. If I replace excel with xlsx in the code, I get the same error message.

Any help is much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

There are a lot of permutations between Excel and SAS. Does anything from this thread help?

Tom

https://communities.sas.com/thread/40828

Butterfly
Calcite | Level 5

I've had the same thing happen.  There is a problem with some versions of SAS that you can't import/export to Excel and Access.  I convert the Excel file into a text file (tab-delimited or comma-delimited) and then import it.

fredmayer23
Fluorite | Level 6

First thing to check is your licensing;  make no assumptions whenever troubleshooting.

reddymano542
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

When I run this, I get an error message saying that dbms type Excel is not valid for import. If I replace excel with xlsx in the code, I get the same error message.

first check ur saseg settings it is only for server thats why u are getting 'dbms type Excel is not valid for import'. 

For this u can use import directly. 

go to file >> import data >>  browse the file, then click  ok button, then finish button .

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation