BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lamrant
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

using SAS EG ( 9.04.01M5P091317) and trying to access our S3 buckets in our AWS developpement environment using this:

PROC S3 KEYID="xxxxxxx" SECRET="yyyyyyyyy" REGION= cacentral;
LIST "s3://testthamisas/test" ;
run; 

and having the following error:

ERROR: Unknown region.

when I'm viewing ths list of regions available in EG, I don't see cacentral which is the SAS region for AWS ca-central-1.

from my laptop, I'm using AWS CLI command ( aws s3 ls testthamisas ) and everything is working fine.

Any Idea what's the problem?

thanks in advance

lamrant_0-1626898784017.png

Any ideas what's the problem is 

3 REPLIES 3
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The picture you posted looks like some type Enterprise Guide autocomplete assistant.  It might be that your version of EG did not have that specific region in it.  But EG is just working as an editor and does not actually run the SAS code itself.  So whatever the autocomplete feature does or does not do has nothing to do with what you can or cannot do in SAS itself.

What is the version of SAS your EG session is using?  Check the value of the automatic macro variable SYSVLONG.

Are you sure the REGION= option does not want the region in quotes?  What happens if you add quotes around it?

lamrant
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Tom, thanks for your answer.

I already listed the version  in the previous message.

The SYSVLONG macro variable gives  9.04.01M5P091317.

I also used REGION = CACENTRAL  and REGION = "CACENTRAL" and i'm having the same error.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You should raise a support request with SAS to help you figure this out.

It might be related to your AWS account settings.  There was another thread here about issues with encryption that required a newer version of SAS, 9.4m6 is that I think it was.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation