BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bijayadhikar
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I have created a summary report using proc report with 2 pages tables (page 2 and 3). I also have report background in the first page and technical notes in the forth page. This script outputs a total of 4 pages PDF report with ODS destination nicely with no issues when I run this program (.epg) from the Enterprise Guide 8.3.

However, when I schedule to run this program (saving as .sas) in SAS Management Console (9.4), it outputs 2 and 3rd pages data tables  but does not write any text in 1 and 2 page with proc odstext or ODS TEXT.

Just wondering if SAS Management Console (i.e. to run program on a specific time) using .sas program can't output odxtext?

Sample odstext script that I am using:

Proc odstext;

p ' Source:'/ style=[color=blue fontsize=11.5pt fontfamily=Calibri fontweight=bold];

list;

item "^{style[fontstyle=italic] }Date Extraction: &Extraction" / style=[fontsize=11pt fontfamily=Calibri];

item "^{style[fontstyle=italic] }Some data accessed through a Microsoft Access interface." / style=[fontsize=11pt fontfamily=Calibri];

end;

run;

OR
ODS TEXT='^S={LEFTMARGIN=0.1in RIGHTMARGIN=0.1in}^{style[ fontsize=8pt] ^{style[fontweight=bold color=black]Footnotes: See technical section for details}';

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Where is the ODS destination set in relation to this code?

What does you your log show?

bijayadhikar
Quartz | Level 8
Sorry for my delay in reply as I yet to reproduce the log, which I will do soon.
The Console runs in the server (DataMart), and ODS destination is on the network drive dedicated for SAS run. My coworker mentioned that Proc odxtext won't be supported in the Console, however the ods text is supported.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

SMC-scheduled jobs run SAS programs in batch mode. There is no default destination for ODS output when run in batch so you need to specify one. It could be as simple as adding something similar to this at the start of your program:

ods html body = "Myfolder\Myoutput.html";

And it's a good idea to do this at the end of your program:

ods html close;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation