BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jkwan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Just hoping someone would be able to help with this.  I created a ODBC connection and am able to make the connection with Base SAS, but when I try and run it in SAS EG I receive an error message.  

Base SAS Code: libname BMITPRD odbc dsn=CFPRD   schema=dbo; run;

SAS EG Code: LIBNAME BMITPRD ODBC DSN="CFPRD" schema=dbo;

I get the following error message when I try and run in EG:

ERROR: CLI error trying to establish connection: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver
specified
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@jkwan wrote:
I believe that is the case. Would this prevent me from being able to run the ODBC connection through EG.

Yes. What you need is a similar ODBC definition on the server, which will most probably require support by the server admin. And it might need the installation of a proper client for your ODBC target on the server.

ODBC definitions do not automatically propagate in a network, but must be configured explicitly on each host.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jkwan
Calcite | Level 5
I believe that is the case. Would this prevent me from being able to run the ODBC connection through EG.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@jkwan wrote:

Yes. What you need is a similar ODBC definition on the server, which will most probably require support by the server admin. And it might need the installation of a proper client for your ODBC target on the server.

ODBC definitions do not automatically propagate in a network, but must be configured explicitly on each host.

jkwan
Calcite | Level 5
Awesome, thanks for the help.
ballardw
Super User

@jkwan wrote:

Yes as your ODBC definition is local. To use EG through that server you would have to have the ODBC linked defined in such a way that the server sees it. You may need to get your SAS admin and IT folks together on possibly solutions such as placing the data source in location that the server has appropriate access to and establishing the connection.

jkwan
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks for the help :).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation