BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TheGuy
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

MY QUESTION:

Is there a user friendly way to have produce a table/form that a user can update, that can then be drawn in as a macro variable?  My programs are currently set up in an EG project, with one process flow per analysis.  The updateable table would need to be available and easily accessable within the flow, so that updates and peer reviews are easy.  NOTE:  Often times there are dozens of these judgement selections to be made, and much of the data in the top half of the analysis needs to be visible when selections are being made. 

Background and Attached example:

I've come to a cross-roads regarding an application/report that I'm developing.  In order for a user to complete the analysis being set-up by this applicaiton, the user needs to input a judgement selection at 1 and only 1 point in the anaylsis... about halfway through.  This information is then used to produce the rest of the report.

Up until now I've been trying to have EG create the tables I need, then stack them together in a nice user friendly excel from.  I intended the excel form to already contain excel formulae needed to continure doing calculations after the selections have been made (using ODS EXCEL XP).  Now I'm wondering, how difficult would it be to somehow have a form (or just a table) within SAS that pops up (or is just nicely saved and prefereably locked so there could be no accidental changes made to the wrong cells) for the user where they can enter these selections which I can then put into macro variables?  With those variables, I could much more easily create the rest of the report In SAS and skip Excel entirely.

Attached is a simplified example form I threw together in Excel.

IF THAT'S TOO SPECIFIC:

I could use any links/advice to either:  A) User input into SAS tables. or B) Exporting to a Excel form, then bringing user input back into SAS (suited to a production enviroment where I could lock down the format in Excel as much as possible.)

Thanks for reading!

Kyle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The only name is by supporting is dynamic prompts. I see that available with eguide 5.1. And is part using SAS metadata (9.3).    http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/041-2010.pdf

---->-- ja karman --<-----

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Even without sas-metadata you can use promtps. They are stored in the egp project. In fact popping up and using them create a sas-macro.
You can use Eguide tor create/edit data/ Unlock the table for editing and change/add colmuns. You can put constraints and formats on it.

With splitting it in several nodes you should reach a lot.  Where are exactly the problems wiht prpmpts and table-edits?

TheGuy
Calcite | Level 5

The tutorials I've read on prompts are geared toward setting them up to use arbitrary values - values independent of the rest of the form like "year" or "gender" or something.

I need a user to be able to select multiple values from a series of lists that change with every analysis.  In the attached example, there will often by 40 or so columns in the "Ratio Choices" table, with 10 or so choices in each column.  I need a user to be able to select 1 choice from the 10 for each column, when all 10 choices are always different.

TheGuy
Calcite | Level 5

In excel, this would simply mean copying and pasting a selected value down from the row above it, or potentially having a drop-down of the names of the ratio selction types, then using a vlookup to find that associated numeric value.  I can't figure out any of this functionality in SAS

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

The only name is by supporting is dynamic prompts. I see that available with eguide 5.1. And is part using SAS metadata (9.3).    http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings10/041-2010.pdf

TheGuy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks!  I still am not sure how I'm going to display enough data within the prompt to give users enough information to perform the analysis, but I'll give it a shot.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation