BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kelvin_Y
Calcite | Level 5

I have successfully assigned libraries and I can run a query against it but the libraries do not appear in the explorer. This includes the default libraries such as work and sashelp.

Anyone know how to get these to reappear?

4 REPLIES 4
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

If no libraries are appearing in EG's Server list, then the most likely explanation is that your OBS= system option is set to 0.  Thus, the query EG uses to retrieve the libraries returns no results -- can't populate the Servers list.

You can confirm this by submitting the code below and inspect the OBS= value in the log:

proc options option=obs;

run;

The most likely reason your OBS= system option is set to 0 is because your server has the SYNTAXCHECK system option turned on and an error was encountered running DATA step code in the server session.  In which case, either turn off syntax check mode (NOSYNTAXCHECK) or figure out why the ERROR is occurring and avoid it.

See this paper for details on SAS' Syntax Check mode:

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/327-2013.pdf

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

AltadenaCheetah
Calcite | Level 5

Were you able to correct the issue you were having?  I am having the same issue.  My OBS option was not set to zero, but was a very large number.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you always had this problem since you started using EG or was it working previously? Is it all libraries or just some? Another explanation is that you do not have read metadata permissions set on these libraries. This is something your SAS administrator will need to fix for you.

AltadenaCheetah
Calcite | Level 5

I think it is a corrupt SAS EG project that is causing the problems.  Not sure how to fix it other than to start a new project and set it up the same way.  Kind of a pain, but not too bad, I guess.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation