BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ismahero2
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am getting this error.  Can anyone explain to me what is this and how to fix it? 

ERROR: Invalid option value LIBRARY.'DATASET'n for SAS option _LAST_.

4 REPLIES 4
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you think the name is valid then check if the string is macro quoted. You migth need to use %unquote() to remove the macro quoting to get the SAS parser to interpret the statement properly.

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Disregard.  The issue I was thinking of was with the value EG was setting to SYSLAST when you explicitly link a data set to a program in a process flow. (EG sets the SYSLAST macro to the linked data set in this case.)  I second posting your log.

What is the exact version of EG (listed in EG's Help->About dialog) you are using?  I seem to recall this being a bug at one point that was fixed.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

ismahero2
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi, What is really happening is that the value EG was setting to SYSLAST when I explicitly link a data set to a program in a process flow. EG in setting the SYSLAST macro to the linked data set. Because of this I am getting the following error. ERROR: Invalid option value IDATASET.'TABLE'n for SAS option _LAST_. If I don't link the dataset to the program in a process flow, the program runs without any errors. Here is the log. 1 The SAS System 10:50 Friday, December 14, 2018 1 ;*';*";*/;quit;run; 2 OPTIONS PAGENO=MIN; ERROR: Invalid option value IDATASET.'TABLE'n for SAS option _LAST_. 3 %LET SYSLAST=IDATASET.'TABLE'n ; 4 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL='PA_1'; 5 %LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME='PENALTIES ALL'; 6 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH='C:\Users\XXXXXXX\Desktop\ANALYSIS.egp'; 7 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=ANALYSIS.egp'; 8 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=; 9 10 ODS _ALL_ CLOSE; 11 OPTIONS DEV=ACTIVEX; 12 GOPTIONS XPIXELS=0 YPIXELS=0; 13 FILENAME EGSR TEMP; 14 ODS tagsets.sasreport13(ID=EGSR) FILE=EGSR 15 STYLE=HtmlBlue 16 STYLESHEET=(URL="file:///C:/Program%20Files/SASHome/SASEnterpriseGuide/7.1/Styles/HtmlBlue.css") 17 NOGTITLE 18 NOGFOOTNOTE 19 GPATH=&sasworklocation 20 ENCODING=UTF8 21 options(rolap="on") 22 ; NOTE: Writing TAGSETS.SASREPORT13(EGSR) Body file: EGSR 23 24 GOPTIONS ACCESSIBLE; 25 /* Insert custom code before submitted code here */ 26 27 28 DATA IH_WORK.WANT; 29 SET 30 IDATASET.TABLE (DROP= VARINFO XREFMFT XREFTXPD XREFTIN) 31 IDATASET.TABLE2 (DROP= VARINFO); 32 IF TRANCD = '999' AND VARFIELD NOT = '000'; 33 RUN; NOTE: There were 667876 observations read from the data set IDATASET.TABLE. NOTE: There were 354978 observations read from the data set IDATASET.TABLE2. NOTE: The data set IH_WORK.WANT has 1018545 observations and 11 variables. NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time): real time 3.26 seconds cpu time 1.81 seconds 34 35 36 37 /* Insert custom code after submitted code here */ 38 39 GOPTIONS NOACCESSIBLE; 40 %LET _CLIENTTASKLABEL=; 41 %LET _CLIENTPROCESSFLOWNAME=; 42 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTPATH=; 43 %LET _CLIENTPROJECTNAME=; 44 %LET _SASPROGRAMFILE=; 45 46 ;*';*";*/;quit;run; 47 ODS _ALL_ CLOSE; 2 The SAS System 10:50 Friday, December 14, 2018 48 49 50 QUIT; RUN; 51

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation