BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi,

I installed SAS integration client technologies on my windows 10 laptop to test the connectivity to the remote SAS server. I get the below error.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeArrayTypeMismatchException: Specified array was not of the expected type.
   at System.StubHelpers.MngdSafeArrayMarshaler.ConvertSpaceToManaged(IntPtr pMarshalState, Object& pManagedHome, IntPtr pNativeHome)
   at SAS.OptionServiceClass.GetOptions(Array& OptionNames, Array& Types, Array& IsPortable, Array& IsStartupOnly, Array& Values, Array& ErrorIndices, Array& ErrorCodes, Array& ErrorMsgs)
   at SAS.BI.Itconfig.Library.ServerTests.SASWorkspaceServerTest.TestServer()

Below is the softwares I installed in the order specified.

1. I have VS 2015 so the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64 and x86) are already installed
  2. https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1988
  3. https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1969

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There is a defect tracked on this with R&D, and I've added this thread to it.  ITConfig aside, your system should work okay with other Windows clients that you install (like EG, SAS Add-In for MS Office, or a custom app like the SASHarness).

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Do you have the Microsoft .NET 4.0 framework installed?  That's required by the IntTech client.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
srirammallajyosula
Calcite | Level 5

I have attached the screenshot of the softwares installed. Visual Studio installs .Net Framework 4.5 and above by default.

NetFramework.PNG
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Any chance that you are connecting to a metadata server behind an HTTPS proxy? Might be this issue.  If so, the way I read it you would still get a "success" message after the connection attempt (and exception you see).  And hopefully clients like SAS Enterprise Guide can still be expected to work.

srirammallajyosula
Calcite | Level 5

No. I am using regular server connection. Also I am not using SAS EG. Just the SAS Integration Client Technologies Wizard.

SASClient.PNG
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

As another test, you can download my SASHarness project to check the connection to your SAS session.  If that works, then you'll know the problem is with the ITConfig tool and not with your environment.

srirammallajyosula
Calcite | Level 5

OK. It works using the SAS Harness client.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There is a defect tracked on this with R&D, and I've added this thread to it.  ITConfig aside, your system should work okay with other Windows clients that you install (like EG, SAS Add-In for MS Office, or a custom app like the SASHarness).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation