BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
noetsi
Obsidian | Level 7

I often want to find out if a specific proc is in our enterprise guide or not. Is there any easy way to do this. I know this is the same as finding if you have it in "regular" SAS whatever they call that 🙂 but I use EG almost entirely.

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The easiest way is just to try it:

34         proc NotFound;
ERROR: Procedure NOTFOUND not found.
35         run;
noetsi
Obsidian | Level 7
I do that a lot. It is how I found out I could not run the simulation book I bought since we did not have PROC IML
AlanC
Barite | Level 11

It depends on what you mean. If you want to know if it works, use SASKiwi's approach. if you want to find it in the project. I just unzip it and then do a regex search for it. I have a web service that unwinds an EG solution to a temp dir, then scans it using regex for all proc/data step boundaries. It kind of depends on what you want.

https://github.com/savian-net
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Enterprise Guide is your client connecting to a SAS Server where SAS executes. What Proc's are available to you depends on what SAS modules are licensed and installed on the SAS Server.

proc setinit; will tell you what's licensed, proc product_status; tells you what's installed and the documentation per product then gives you the list of proc's.

Found also this blog here which you might find interesting.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

SAS procs are bundled in "products". For example, PROC MEANS and PROC SGPLOT are part of Base SAS (everyone has it). PROC LOGISTIC is part of SAS/STAT (most people have that), PROC ESM is part of SAS/ETS (time-series/forecasting, special product that not everyone has). If you have a question about a specific proc then you need to know which product it's in, and that can be found in the documentation for that procedure.

This code will reveal what products you have licensed and installed:

proc product_status;
run;

In SAS Enterprise Guide you can also check the server properties->Software. There's a View SAS Server Products button:

ChrisHemedinger_0-1628856947307.png

Click it to see a list like this:

ChrisHemedinger_1-1628856973662.png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
noetsi
Obsidian | Level 7
i don't see what you reference. I have libraries and files and the OLAP but nothing called SASAP_WFA . i tried to past a picture of mine, but it won't let me.
But a more pertinent issue is I don't know what procs are in what products. Is there a list of this somewhere. I have the following products

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M6
Image version information: 9.04.01M6P110718
For SAS/STAT ...
Custom version information: 15.1
For SAS/GRAPH ...
For SAS/ETS ...
For SAS/QC ...
For High Performance Suite ...
Custom version information: 2.2_M7
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files ...
For SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC ...

SASKiwi
PROC Star

To insert pictures you need to upload them first using the camera icon. Look at the properties of SASApp or what ever is the first server name in your EG server list.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation