BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RJ2016
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using %connect to connect to mainframe and connect to a table i am using macro varible &business2  which i have as a %let statment in another node within my SAS project before this code runs Business2 = 160629, when i put &business2.   by it self the log shows it has resolved to 160629 however in the INFILE it does not like it and log advises WARNING: Apparent symbolic reference BUSINESS2 not resolved.  now i have used different INFILE styles from

INFILE "EXAW.TF.LA.BEK.TGHUP03.FALCANT.D&Business2";

INFILE "EXAW.TF.LA.BEK.TGHUP03.FALCANT.D&Business2.";

INFILE = "EXAW.TF.LA.BEK.TGHUP03.FALCANT.D&Business2";

INFILE "EXAW.TF.LA.BEK.TGHUP03.FALCANT.D&Business2"

INFILE "EXAW.TF.LA.BEK.TGHUP03.FALCANT.D&Business2."

can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To use a macro variable in rsubmit during a connect session, you first need to use the %syslput statement (in the local context, before the rsubmit) so that the macro variable is created in the remote context.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

To use a macro variable in rsubmit during a connect session, you first need to use the %syslput statement (in the local context, before the rsubmit) so that the macro variable is created in the remote context.

RJ2016
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Kurt,

Managed to get this to work thanks to your response thank you

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi.

It is difficult to tell from the code you provide. Can yhou give us the entire rpogram / macro code and the log? Often this kind of error is due to the scope of a variable. Also, try and run your code using 

OPTIONS MPRINT MLOGIC SYMBOLGEN;

Thes eporvide valuable troubleshooting info in the log.

Regards,

Jan.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation