BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASGeek
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Although I've been using SAS ince 1983 (HELLLOOOOO JCL & TSO), all my SAS PC work has been on the base, one file per program version. I have a new job where the manager insists on having a process for

1. Libnames
  2. Macro variables
  3. Extractions (data retrieval)
  4. Transformations
  5. Loads or Reports

I understand his approach but what I don't understand is how EG does this. What I mean is do I save each program separately (ie I'll have 4 programs for transformations) or do I save it all under the EG project, or both?

In a past employer, we tried to use EG and the projects would corrupt, losing our work.

Any guidance is appreciated

Thank  you

Paula Sims

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

You save each program separately and then run them in an EG project using a process flow so that they run after each other or an Ordered List.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you don't like using EG projects then create a SAS "control" program that runs the individual steps using the %INCLUDE statement:

%include "libnames.sas";
%include "macro_variables.sas";
%include "extractions.sas";
%include "transformations.sas";
%include "reports.sas";

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation