BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Felixmb
Fluorite | Level 6

I'm having a bit of trouble with SAS Enterpise Guide to export  a Access database.  I'm running 64-bit Windows, 32-bit SAS.  I've downloaded the PC File Server.  I am using the next code.   

proc export
data=work.rr_if
outtable='ACCESS'
dbms=ACCESS replace;
database='D:\Users\martin\Desktop\prueba.mdb';
run;

When i run the program, i get "Connection Failed.  See log for details." I need more details.

Someone can i help me?.

Thanks, Felix.

8 REPLIES 8
naveenraj
Quartz | Level 8

Check whether the PC File Server process is running.

If possible post the complete error message.

Felixmb
Fluorite | Level 6
I have checked that PC File Server is running. First i checked in the control panel, administrative tools, services, SAS PC... and your state is runnig, and then i opened the application without errors.
Felixmb
Fluorite | Level 6
15 proc export
16 data=work.rr_if
17 outtable='ACCESSCS'
18 dbms=ACCESS replace;
19 database='D:\Test.mdb';
20 run;

Connection Failed. See log for details.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE EXPORT used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

I have modificated the code, and i runned the program, and appear the same error, what i do wrong?
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

In order to use the SAS PC File Server with Proc EXPORT, you need to use dbms=ACCESSCS instead of dbms=ACCESS, see also code below.

proc export
  data=sashelp.class
  outtable='fromSAS'
  dbms=ACCESSCS
  replace
;
  database='c:\temp\sample.mdb';
run;

Bruno

Felixmb
Fluorite | Level 6
hi, is i use the same code, the program run successful, however i cant´t access to file, windows dasen´t find the file, but i run the program change the database, i see again the same error, connection failed...
Thanks
ballardw
Super User

Try changing

database='D:\Test.mdb';

to

database='D:\Test.accdb';

The file extensions changed.

Felixmb
Fluorite | Level 6
I have changed the extension, but i always see the same error, connection failed.... Thanks

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 in conversation