BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alepage
Barite | Level 11

Hello, 

It might happen that I have duplicate dataset in the same folder but not created on the same date.  But due to the use of spde system, the name is not exactly the same  (see the snapshot)

So if I use a proc copy as below

proc copy in=src1 out=dest1 memtype=data;
select e001_tracking_scenario e999_tracking_scenario
;
run;

I am not sure that I will pick the dataset produce on September 14, 2021.

What's the best way to do that?

2021-10-02_16-54-08.png

2 REPLIES 2
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

You cannot have duplicate DATASETS in the same library.  You cannot have duplicate FILES in the same directory.

It kind of looks like you are trying to look a the FILES created by the SPDE engine.

Why not look at the DATASETS created by using the SPDE engine?

libname old spde './old/';
proc contents data=old._all_ noprint out=contents; run;
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

With SPDE the data gets partitioned and there is also additional metadata (in separate files) which has the information about these partitions.

If you update a table then only the partitions (the physical files) will change that have rows that changed.

If you need to extract data from a specific date then this needs to happen on data level and there is hopefully some update_date or creation_date column in your data which you can use for such a selection.

In short: You can't use these physical partitions directly. You need to access your data via the SPDE engine (libname ... spde ....).

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation