BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
IditMaor
Calcite | Level 5

I have a code in java that generate excels with templates, can I reuse the code using sas guide or sas base?

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedAl_Attar
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @IditMaor 

While reading the documentation link provided by @andreas_lds, you'll need to make sure it relates to your SAS server!

Enterprise Guide is a Windows Application connecting to a backend SAS server, and the SAS server can be Local (installed on the same Windows platform as your EG) or Remote (Installed on Linux/Unix/Cloud/Windows Server) 

With all that said, you'll need to have your custom Java Class/Code to reside on the same platform as your SAS server, as your SAS server is the sole responsible for executing Code and not your EG Front-End.

Hope this helps,

Ahmed

Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @IditMaor 
The answer to your question depends on how you to propose to use java.
We have java codes which are packaged as jar files and executed independently to supplement SAS programs.
It is indeed possible to execute execute the jar file from within SAS code. On approach is by using X command.
Data can be passed to the java jar using command line or as a csv file. 
Java can also be used to read SAS datasets but I would not prefer this approach.
Everything depends on what exactly is required and the SAS programmers comfort level.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation