BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jjjch
Obsidian | Level 7

When multiple data sets are created by my SAS codes, they can be view in the "Output Data" tab.

I wish they are sorted by name in the "Output Data" tab so that it is easier to check them. I looked through all the options, but could not find one. Could you help me? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I went ahead and added this suggestion to our tracking system, but feel free to post it to the ballot as well.  Thanks for the feedback!

Currently, EG displays output data in the order it was created.  For example, if you submit the following code:

data c;x=1;run;
data b;x=2;run;
data d;x=3;run;
data a;x=4;run;

... it will display in the order C, B, D, A in the Output Data tab. I agree, it would be nice to have a way to sort by name (ascending or descending) as well as the order in which they were created. We will consider for a future release.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PeterClemmensen
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think it is possible.

Why not just check them in the relevant library?

jjjch
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for replying.

For example, my SAS codes created 35 datasets, but they are not sorted by name, therefore it is difficult for me to find the dataset I want to check.

By "in the relevant library", do you mean I create multiple libs, and put different datasets into different lib? I don't like that.

Reeza
Super User
You can add this to the SASware Ballot Ideas where suggestions for modifications to the GUI are considered. Find the link in the top right under 'Find a Community'
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

I went ahead and added this suggestion to our tracking system, but feel free to post it to the ballot as well.  Thanks for the feedback!

Currently, EG displays output data in the order it was created.  For example, if you submit the following code:

data c;x=1;run;
data b;x=2;run;
data d;x=3;run;
data a;x=4;run;

... it will display in the order C, B, D, A in the Output Data tab. I agree, it would be nice to have a way to sort by name (ascending or descending) as well as the order in which they were created. We will consider for a future release.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

jjjch
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you very much for your reply!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation