BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jiangmi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, All,

I am working with SAS EG.

I want to take a look at one specific variable in a newly generated data. For example, 'TU_BRAND'. However, this variable is buried with other 100+ variables in the same data set. Is there any way I can quickly locate this variable/column in the data set, something similar to the Ctrl+F key combination?  I don't want to dragged the bar with my mouse for 5min before I can find it.

Thanks.

Joe

SAS EG.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Open your SAS table, Ctrl F, choose Column Headings only search option, type in the column name or part column name to search on then press the Find Next button.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Open your SAS table, Ctrl F, choose Column Headings only search option, type in the column name or part column name to search on then press the Find Next button.

jiangmi
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much. I wasn't aware of it at all before!:smileylaugh:

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Neither was I until your question prompted me to try! Thanks in return because its really useful. :smileygrin:

tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Thank to the both of you, great tip... a time saver... right under our noses  Smiley Wink

JayCorbett
Calcite | Level 5

Alternatively, you can do a query builder task and arrange the variables, in the output data set, in any order you want. By right-clicking where the variables are listed, in the query builder task, you can arrange the variables names in ascending or descending order also.

jiangmi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Jay.

BTW, do you know how to subset the data table by obs in EG using query builder?

I mean, I can do it with code:

data want;

set have (obs=3);

run;

Is there anyway I can do it in filter or builder?

Just curious.

JayCorbett
Calcite | Level 5

Choose the Options button (located below the Query name, on the right side). Under Query limits, check the box for Limit number of matching rows to process and set the number of rows.

jiangmi
Calcite | Level 5

Find it, Jay.

Thanks a lot.

EG Option.JPG

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation