BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello,

We use SAS EG by running it through Citirx i.e running it from a virtual machine. I had a talk with the SAS admins and tney informed me that data is backed by them. But my past experiences in recovering data has proved that it's always safe to keep a copy of it though admin might be backing it up.

So my question is apart from manually saving a copy of the code/project in a different project is there a way to automate it so that we can implement it across the team. I am also aware of the project recovery option in SAS EG as well the commit option. But I am curious to explore if I had any options for individual codes that are not part of a project and hence cannot be committied.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anoopmohandas7
Quartz | Level 8

Hmm. Thanks. After talking to admins they again confirmed that the data is getting backed every day 3 times a day. So for now we have decided to convert codes into projects and do a commit on them and save it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
If there's something about the existing backup / restore functionality that you aren't happy about, it seems easier / better to fix that rather than go ahead and implement a team specific solution.
Data never sleeps
anoopmohandas7
Quartz | Level 8

Hmm. Thanks. After talking to admins they again confirmed that the data is getting backed every day 3 times a day. So for now we have decided to convert codes into projects and do a commit on them and save it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

A much higher level of EG code and project backup control can be achieved with version control tools if you think it would be useful.

anoopmohandas7
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks. Do you have any specific in mind that other than GIT ?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We are actually using MS Visual Studio and TFS (Team Foundation Server) with EG and it is very nice indeed. From within MVS double clicking on a SAS program opens it directly in EG - no more remembering what directory you stored your program in or figuring out what is the current version. This is so superior to manual code management. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation