BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello - 

Can anyone let me know how can I create a Autocall library in SAS EG 8.2?

thanks in Advance,

Thalla Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Strongly recommend using the SAS files with code in your autocall library. That way you know where the source is when something goes kaflooey.

We get a couple posts per year on people trying to recover macro code from catalogs and have issues because of settings used and/or since catalogs are a bit more OS dependent various upgrades can break them. With the source code in the library that doesn't happen because a version compiled with a (now not compatible) version of SAS or OS means the macros don't work.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please read the documentation on this then post any further questions: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=mcrolref&docsetTarget=n1o5fkxq0gqdpcn1xs3ksdks69tf.htm&docse...

What OS does your SAS server run on? Setting up AUTOCALL libraries varies between operating systems.

THALLA_REDDY
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your reply,

my SAS server is running on UNIX OS, I am able to compile the source code of my macro and stored it in the library. Now I am not able to make it as a AutoCall library, can you please help me on this?

thanks,

Thalla

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here are the instructions for Unix: https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=hostunx&docsetTarget=p08uk7awhtj5w6n1qaj3n3h0oa4s.htm&docset...

Please note the Unix file you store your AUTOCALL macro in must have a completely lower case name to work correctly. There is a good example in the link above for you to try out.

Are these the same steps you went through with your example?

ballardw
Super User

Strongly recommend using the SAS files with code in your autocall library. That way you know where the source is when something goes kaflooey.

We get a couple posts per year on people trying to recover macro code from catalogs and have issues because of settings used and/or since catalogs are a bit more OS dependent various upgrades can break them. With the source code in the library that doesn't happen because a version compiled with a (now not compatible) version of SAS or OS means the macros don't work.

tilers-Perth
Calcite | Level 5

In batch mode, you can use the following JCL statements to specify an Autocall library.

For a single Autocall library, use this example:

//MYJOB    JOB account. ... 
//         EXEC SAS,OPTIONS='MAUTOSOURCE' 
//SASAUTOS DD DSN=MY.MACROS,DISP=SHR

For concatenated Autocall libraries, the following technique handles any combination of libraries:

//MYJOB    JOB account ... 
//         EXEC SAS,OPTIONS='MAUTOSOURCE SASAUTOS=(AUTOLIB1, AUTOLIB2,
//          SASAUTOS)'
//AUTOLIB1 DD DSN=MY.MACROS1,DISP=SHR 
//AUTOLIB2 DD DSN=MY.MACROS2,DISP=SHR 
//SASAUTOS DD DSN=default.autocall.library,DISP=SHR

I hope this will answer all your queries which you mentioned above and If not then please specify with more details. 

I am currently working on a website tilers Perth which is very helpful in tiling related services.

Thanks!

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation