BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SunilGupta
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,

Is it true that when inserting code in the 'Submit Code When Server Is Connected' option, it is global and that it can not be changed for different project files?

Thanks,
Sunil Gupta
Gupta Programming
3 REPLIES 3
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
correct. However, you can use the autoexec Process Flow to set up project specific code to run at startup for a project. See the SAS Dummy blog:

http://blogs.sas.com/sasdummy/index.php?/archives/237-You-asked-for-it-the-Autoexec-process-flow.htm...

It's almost as flexible as the autoexec.bat in batch SAS. I like it.

Doc
SunilGupta
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks for the tip. Did not realize this was an option.

Just want to confirm my understanding. This is not exactly like the 'Submit Code before running' option, but a way to create a new project file for autoexec contents such as code, tasks, etc? Once created, how do I point to this autoexec process flow in a new project file. If I already have a setup sas program, then I can point to this file directly without having to create an autoexec process flow file. Thanks for your help to fill in the gap.

Thanks,
Sunil
Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Sunil,

You need to read the blog entry more carefully. Most of your questions are answered in this paragraph from it:

"SAS Enterprise Guide 4.3 adds this support, and it's easy to use. Simply add a new process flow to your project (File->New->Process Flow) and name it "Autoexec". You can put anything that you want in this process flow: a program with library assignments or macro definitions, one or more "Assign Library" tasks, Upload or Download data set tasks, even custom tasks. The Autoexec process flow helps you to get everything ready for you to work with your project. "

Each .egp file (aka EGuide Project) needs it's own autoexec process flow, but it can be included code from somewhere else.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation