BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Macavity
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey Guys,

I have a bunch of daily data to be summarised/counted by year with the task 'Summary Tables' in EG. I know how to do that in code, which is like:

proc tabulate data=mydata missing;

class date;

format date year.;

tables date, n;

run;

But I would really like to achieve this with the built-in task. I've tried almost everywhere I can think of for specifying format for date column with no luck.

I must have missed some context memu or options that any of you can point out?

Ning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Here's what works for me...

For your data, select Describe | Summary Tables

In the Data tab, drag your date field to the Classification variables area.

There should be a box on the right where you can change the characteristics of the variable that's selected. Select the "Heading format" box, and put your date format in there.

Tom

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
art297
Opal | Level 21

I'm not an EG user, so might be off track, but can't you assign the format using either the table or data properties screens? Some nice step-by-step examples are shown at: chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi31/113-31.pdf

Art, CEO, AnalystFinder.com

Macavity
Fluorite | Level 6
That's a useful guide, thank you Art.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Here's what works for me...

For your data, select Describe | Summary Tables

In the Data tab, drag your date field to the Classification variables area.

There should be a box on the right where you can change the characteristics of the variable that's selected. Select the "Heading format" box, and put your date format in there.

Tom

Macavity
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank Tom, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation