BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

I can view all the files in /sas/saswork on Solaris m/c with today's date of other users and with my user id and also some old files of feb,mar..etc

but same thing not showing in data set.

I can see in the dataset only the files  with my user id dated Aug 23 and 27 and no other files with any other user id and any sas id ,and there are some other  user and group shows as read and dir but with empty size, fnames,path acc_date.

I know to convert to MB and GB,but is there any way that same dataset can provide output in MB por GB.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That you can't see files in the work directories of other users may be caused by the SAS configuration for the Workspace Server(s). Look for the -workperms directive in the sasv9.cfg and sasv9_usermods.cfg files.

If the find command run from a SAS process does not yield the same output as run from the commandline, make sure that your commandline userid is the same that is used when connecting to the workspace server.

As for the units of size, the UNIX commands will give you the size in bytes, so you need to divide by 1024 squared to get the size in MB.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Hello Friends

I was just going through the below Article that has been published for Creating Space Management report in SAS

http://www.mwsug.org/proceedings/2014/DV/MWSUG-2014-DV06.pdf

In the document In the  first page they have given below command, but when am executing the same on Solaris its giving an error I don’t know whether am doing something wrong.

do I need to change anything in below code before running on Solaris server to get the desired output.

UNIX commands to report on old data sets:
x find &path. -size +000000001c -ls > $HOME/&printo._&Runtype..txt;

And also there is sas code provided in this document, just by exactly running the code from EG,
will I get whatever the report am looking for or do I need to change anything in the code. Is this feasible for us to do.

I would really appreciate if you can help me with this

Thanks in Advance

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The -ls directive of the find command will not provide the last access date; for that you need the -ul option of the system ls command.

Try the commandline from my solution in a terminal window on your solaris box to see what happens. If it does not work immediately, consult the man page for find and ls on the solaris box and compare it to the manual pages of the GNU commands.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

My question is when an executing below command from my Solaris box its throwing errors.

Do I need to put anything in the place of path and HOME in below command.

x find &path. -size +000000001c -ls > $HOME/&printo._&Runtype..txt

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

The command seems to be an incompletely written SAS statement:

X "find &path. -size + 000000001c -ls > $HOME/&printo._&Runtype..txt";

&path must be a macro variable that denotes the starting level in the file system hierarchy for the search.

$HOME, OTOH, is a UNIX environment variable that cintains the path to your home directory, and does not need to be replaced.

&printo and &runtype are other macro variables, obviously meant to make the statement flexible.

Once again, look at my previous post and try to run the code, and report problems if you encounter any.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Will it work with the solution provided in this document for the output which am looking for.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

actually I have not tried the code yet

I first tried just below command on server but it was throwing error

x find &path. -size +000000001c -ls > $HOME/&printo._&Runtype..txt

so my question is if i run the entire code from EG will i get the output which am looking for or do i need to change anything in the code

File:SpaceReportV4.2 mloop.sas - sasCommunity

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

here for &path do i need to replace with /sas/saswork path and $HOME should be replaced with what

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

&path is the location where the search will start.

$HOME does not need to be replaced, as it automatically (operating system environment variable) points to the home directory of the user that is used to run the workspace server/SAS Process.

sasprofile
Quartz | Level 8

Please can any one help me with  creating a daily report on sas server files space sorted by size and by last date accessed? basically we need to create a space management report in SAS.

here is the link given below with sas code, but am not understanding how I should make it work for our server directories for  /sas, /sas/saswork,  /sas/sasutil

I don't have any idea with this sas macro code

I would really appreciate all your help

Reeza
Super User

You may want to consider hiring a SAS administrator to come help set up your system.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 in conversation