BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
D_Z_
Obsidian | Level 7

Just as background... i run several projects through task scheduler on Windows 10... I have been scheduling projects in SAS for years like this and have never had this issue before... and i have no earthly idea what it means or what i should do.  The scheduler triggers the project... and the screenshot below comes up and the project never ended up running.  To note... i can pull up the project manually and it runs flawless.

Can someone lend some advice to me on how to fix this?  It's driving me crazy and I have googled this for hours.

Thanks in advance!

SAS.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It looks like the Path.GetTempFileName method call is failing on your computer.  If you follow that link you'll see a possible cause for this:

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if it is used to create more than 65535 files without deleting previous temporary files.

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if no unique temporary file name is available. To resolve this error, delete all unneeded temporary files.

So, try cleaning up the temporary files in your user temp directory.

(Make sure you cleanup the temp files for the user that the scheduled task is running as.)

(Type %temp% in the path field of Windows Explorer and press Enter to quickly navigate to the user temp directory for the currently logged in user.)

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CaseySmith
SAS Employee

It looks like the Path.GetTempFileName method call is failing on your computer.  If you follow that link you'll see a possible cause for this:

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if it is used to create more than 65535 files without deleting previous temporary files.

The GetTempFileName method will raise an IOException if no unique temporary file name is available. To resolve this error, delete all unneeded temporary files.

So, try cleaning up the temporary files in your user temp directory.

(Make sure you cleanup the temp files for the user that the scheduled task is running as.)

(Type %temp% in the path field of Windows Explorer and press Enter to quickly navigate to the user temp directory for the currently logged in user.)

D_Z_
Obsidian | Level 7

My sincer apologies for my late reply.  I was called out of town suddenly and just now getting back into town.

I have to tell you that i was dumbfounded to read your reply... little did i realize that i had over 90K temp files in my directory.  Once i whiped the files out... all of the scheduled projects started running again.

You are the absolute bomb.  I swear i was loosing my mind for a while there... and you helped me out of the swamp!  Thank you so much as this did indeed fix the issue.

Dean

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Dean, I'm glad to hear that resolved your issue!

Casey

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation